The WiiM Amp features three distinct audio input interfaces: the analog LINE IN, the digital optical (TOSLINK) SPDIF IN, and HDMI ARC. Connect a wide range of devices such as CD players, TVs, PCs, or turntables, to your WiiM Amp for high-quality playback.
Both the SPDIF-In and HDMI ARC support an impressive audio quality of up to 192kHz/24bit, ensuring premium sound delivery.
How to play audio from external devices:
- Open the WiiM Home App and select the 'Device' tab.
- Choose the device or group where you want the audio to play.
- Go to the 'Browse' tab, scroll down, and select the appropriate input option: HDMI ARC, Line-In, or SPDIF-In.
Enjoy exploring these features to elevate your audio experience with both ease and versatility.
Supported Audio Format for HDMI ARC and Optical Input:
The HDMI ARC and optical input port on the WiiM Amp are tailored for stereo PCM audio. It does not support other TV audio formats like Dolby Digital, Dolby Atmos, or DTS.
To ensure compatibility and proper sound output, select PCM as the audio format on your TV or Blu-ray player settings.
Important notes on HDMI port:To connect your TV to the WiiM Amp using an HDMI cable, please select HDMI port on your TV or BD player marked as ‘HDMI ARC’. Please note that connecting to other HDMI ports will not transmit sound to the WiiM Amp. If your TV doesn’t have an HDMI ARC port, you'll need connect to your TV’s optical digital OUT port with the optical input port of the WiiM Amp.
Enabling Auto-Sensing for Audio Input:
Auto-sensing allows the WiiM Amp to automatically play audio from the connected input as soon as a signal is detected, regardless of the device's current state or standby mode.
Steps to Activate Auto-Sensing:
- In the WiiM Home App, navigate to the 'Device' tab.
- Tap on the gear icon to access device settings.
- Select 'Audio Input' and activate 'Auto Sensing' (Note: This feature is disabled by default).
By enabling Auto-sensing, your WiiM Amp will seamlessly transition to input audio, enhancing your listening experience with convenience.