It explains how to set up the WiiM voice remote to use it with your WiiM Mini or WiiM Pro network streamer.
Essential tips for using the WiiM Remote
Before using it with your WiiM streamers, please follow the following step-by-step guide to pair it with your target device so you can use your remote instead of your App to control your device.
- Step 1: Insert two "AAA" batteries into the WiiM voice remote before use
- Step 2: Pair it with the target WiiM Mini or Pro via WiiM Home App
- Step 3: Use the remote to control your device
Tips: To reset the remote, take out one battery and put it back in.
Step 1: Insert two "AAA" batteries into the WiiM voice remote before use
* WiiM voice remote package doesn't include two "AAA" batteries.
- Remove the back cover of the WiiM voice remote.
- Insert two "AAA" batteries.
- Put the remote into the pairing mode by pressing and holding the "Source" and "Mute" buttons for two or more seconds simultaneously.
Note: The remote doesn't have an LED indicator. The opening above the MIC button serves as a microphone port, not as an LED feature.
Step 2: Pair it with the target WiiM Mini or Pro via WiiM Home App
- Navigate to the WiiM Home App.
- Select the Device tab > Tap the device setting gear icon > Scroll down and select the 'Remote' to tap.
- If the remote is in pairing mode, you can see the following card. If the App can't find the remote, please take out the battery and put it back in to reset the remote.
- Follow the instructions on the App to finish the pairing.
Tip: If you got the following paring failed screen, please reboot your WiiM Mini or Pro then restart the pairing process from the WiiM Home App.
Step 3: Use the remote to control your device
- Try the playback control
- Volume up, down
- Next track, previous track
- Switch input sources among Network, Bluetooth, Aux-in/Line-in, SPDIF-in (WiiM Pro only)
- Try the presets
- By default, the 1~4 buttons correspond to the presets 1 to 4 on the WiiM Home App.
- Tap it to play the corresponding preset.
- Try the "Push-to-talk" Alexa
- Press and hold the "Mic" button to speak your Alexa com. When finishing recording, release the MIC button.
- Try any Alexa command (i.e., similar to your other far-field Alexa devices).
- Here are a few things to try:
"Play daily lift from Spotify"
"Play my soundtrack from Amazon Music"
"My daily brief"
"Play ESPN radio"
* For more details, please check the tutorial here.
To use the voice button on the remote, please first login the Alexa voice service for your paired WiiM device on the WiiM Home App.
Please find more information about the WiiM voice remote here.