It explains how to setup the WiiM voice remote to use it with your WiiM Mini or WiiM Pro network streamer.
Important tips to use the WiiM Remote
Before using it with your WiiM streamers, please follow the following step-by-step guide to pair with your target device so you can use your remote instead of your App to control your device .
- Step 1: Insert two "AAA" batteries into the WiiM voice remote before use
- Step 2: Pair it with target WiiM Mini or Pro via WiiM Home App
- Step 3: Use the remote to control your device
Step 1: Insert two "AAA" batteries into the WiiM voice remote before use
* WiiM voice remote package doesn't include two "AAA" batteries.
- Remove the back cover of the WiiM voice remote
- Put in two "AAA" batteries
- Put the remote into the pairing mode by pressing and holding the "Source" and "Mute" buttons for two or more seconds at the same time
Step 2: Pair it with target WiiM Mini or Pro via WiiM Home App
- Go to the WiiM Home App
- Select the Device tab > Tap the device setting gear icon > Scroll down and select the "Remote" to tap
- If the remote is in the pairing mode, you can see the following card
- Follow the instruction on the App to finish the pairing
// App UIs
Step 3: Use the remote to control your device
- Try the playback control
- Volume up, down
- Next track, previous track
- Switch input sources among Network, Bluetooth, Aux-in/Line-in, SPDIF-in (WiiM Pro only)
- Try the presets
- By default, the 1~4 buttons correspond to the presets 1 to 4 on the WiiM Home App
- Tap it to play the corresponding preset
- Try the "Push-to-talk" Alexa
- Press and hold "Mic" button to speak your Alexa command, when finish record, release the MIC button
- Try any Alexa command (i.e., similar to your other far field Alexa devices)
- Here are few things to try:
“Play daily lift from Spotify”
"Play my soundtrack from Amazon Music"
“My daily brief”
“Play ESPN radio”
* For more details, please check the tutorial here.
To use the voice button on the remote, please first login the Alexa voice service for your paired WiiM device on WiiM Home App.
Please find more information about the WiiM voice remote here.