Using WiiM Mini and Sonos products interchangeably is not possible due to their different streaming platforms. However, you can group them together using AirPlay 2. For a detailed tutorial, please refer to this guide.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Play music on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and control the playback from the Control Center:
- On iPhone X or later or iPad with iPadOS or later, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On iPhone 8 or iOS 11 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
2. Touch and hold the group of controls in the upper-right corner, then tap "AirPlay".
3. Select both the WiiM Mini and Sonos from the available options. Choose a song to play on the current audio.
You can also use AirPlay to stream audio from any app on your device. Open the app, tap on the AirPlay icon, and select the desired speaker(s).
For WiiM Mini owners with Apple devices, AirPlay 2 can be used to listen to YouTube Music. Android users can utilize Bluetooth to stream audio. Simply connect your device to the WiiM Mini and play the music directly through either the digital (SPDIF) or analog (Line out) output to your speakers.
WiiM Pro owners can cast YouTube Music to their device using Chromecast. Once casted, you can play the music directly through the digital (SPDIF, Coaxial) or analog (Line out) output to your speakers.