Netgear routers are one of the developing routers, but still, sometimes many users all around the globe face various technical glitches while using the Netgear Nighthawk router. Network dropping is one of the most common problems in the routers. The user fails to access the router during this error.
The Netgear router network drop problem can occur because of many reasons. But in most of the cases, it took place due to some hardware problem. If you are facing the issue, then you do not need to be panic on this.
Here in this particular blog section, we provide two easy and effective method to fix this problem.
1. Netgear Nighthawk router firmware update
2. Network driver update
Solution 1: Netgear Nighthawk Router Firmware Update
The problem of network dropping Wi-Fi connection can be easily fixed by just Netgear Router Firmware Update.
- Connect your Netgear router with your desktop or laptop with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Once connected, open of your preferred web browser from your connected desktop or laptop with the router.
- Now visit Netgear router login web page. Mention the login credentials i.e. default Netgear username and password.
Note: If you have forgotten the login ID and password, then try to reset your Netgear Nighthawk router either via hard or soft reset process.
- Now tap on the advanced option and then select the Administration settings tab.
- Select the Firmware update or router update button and tap on the Check button.
- Wait for few minutes and let the router check for the new available firmware update.
- If any new update available, click on the Yes button.
How to perform Hard Reset the Nighthawk Router?
- For hard reset all, you just need a paper pin or similar pointed object.
- Find the reset button on the Netgear Nighthawk router device. Once you find out push the paper pin inside the reset hole.
- Hold the paper pin for about 4-5 seconds. Once all the LEDs starts blinking up pull out the paper pin.
- Leave the router for a few minutes and let the LEDs got stable.
- Now again go for Netgear Nighthawk Setup.
Now check whether the network drop issue is fixed or not. If still, you stuck with the same problem, you do not need to worry. Follow our second solution.
Solution 2: Network Driver Update
Sometimes the network drop issue arises due to network driver glitch. So in this section, we will tell you will the best method to fix the Netgear Nighthawk driver issue. So you should go for a network driver update, to fix out this situation. Follow the steps mentioned below to update the WiFi and LAN network driver.
- Firstly go to the Taskbar and then tap on the Search box. Write “Device Manager” in the search box. Tap on the “Device Manager” option.
- Choose the category to find out the device names. Right-click on the device that you are looking for an update.
- Choose the Update Driver option and then tap on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete with the update procedure.
For any latest updates query, you can check your Netgear Nighthawk app.