WiiM Device's AirPlay 2 Capabilities
- WiiM Mini: This device can function as an AirPlay Receiver, but it cannot transmit as an AirPlay 2 transmitter.
- WiiM Pro & WiiM Pro Plus: Both these models can serve as AirPlay 2 receivers and transmitters. For a detailed guide on how to cast audio from the WiiM Pro and WiiM Pro Plus to devices like the HomePod, Sonos, and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 enabled speakers, please read our article.
Important Note on Compatibility:
If you're looking to stream audio using AirPlay 2 to your WiiM devices, the following Apple devices and software versions are compatible as AirPlay 2 transmitters:
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 11.4 or later
- Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with tvOS 11.4 or later
- HomePod with iOS 11.4 or later
- Mac with iTunes 12.8 or later, or macOS Catalina or later
- PCs equipped with iTunes 12.8 or later.
For those with multiple WiiM devices: You can play aux-in audio on another WiiM-connected devices, or even across multiple devices simultaneously. Detailed guidelines on this can be found here.