Setting up your WiiM Amp is a straightforward process; here goes the step-by-step guideline. The WiiM Amp is a compact device designed to stream and amplify high-quality audio from various sources to your audio system. Here's how you can set it up.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What You'll Need
- Step-by-Step Setup Guide
What You'll Need
- WiiM Amp device
- A pair of passive speaker
- A smartphone or tablet
- Wi-Fi connection
- (Optional) Ethernet connection
- (Optional) Other audio input devices you want to connect to the WiiM Amp
Step-by-Step Setup Guide
- Unboxing and Connecting the WiiM Amp
- Unbox the WiiM Amp: Take out the WiiM Amp and its accessories.
- Connect to Speakers: Use the appropriate cable (banana plug or wired) to connect the WiiM Amp to your passive (Left and Right) speakers.
- Connect to audio input devices (optional): Connect your TV, recorder player, PC, or MP3 player to your WiiM Amp so you can play the audio from these devices.
- Powering the Devices
- (Optional) Connect a power source of an audio input device, if any.
- Connect the WiiM Amp to a power source using the provided power cable.
- Downloading the WiiM Home App
- For iOS Users: Go to the Apple App Store.
- For Android Users: Visit the Google Play Store.
- Search and Download: Look for the 'WiiM Home' app and download it.
- Setting Up the WiiM Amp through the App
- Open the WiiM Home App: Launch the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Device Setup: Follow the in-app instructions to connect the WiiM Amp to your Wi-Fi network. This usually involves:
- Selecting the 'Set Up'.
- Choosing your Wi-Fi network and entering the password.
- Waiting for the device to connect to your network.
- Firmware Update (if necessary)
- After connecting, the app may prompt you to update the firmware.
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete this update.
- Pair Your Remote
- Insert two “AAA" batteries into the remote
- Press the "Source Select" and "Mute" buttons on the remote at the same time for two seconds
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete the pairing of the remote
- Streaming Music
- You can now stream music using the WiiM Home app, or through compatible streaming services integrated with the WiiM Amp (like Spotify, Amazon Music, Tidal, Deezer, Qobuz, etc.).
- Wi-Fi Connection: Ensure your Wi-Fi signal is strong in the location where you set up the WiiM Amp for a stable streaming experience.
- Device Not Connecting: If the WiiM Amp is not connecting to your Wi-Fi, try restarting your router and the WiiM Amp.