Using Alexa to play music through WiiM Mini and Echo is convenient. However, you must identify each speaker by name when you want to play music. To make things easier, set up an Alexa Preferred Speaker that automatically plays the music you request.
Set WiiM Mini as Alexa Preferred Speaker using the Alexa app
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone. On the Alexa app's home page, tap the Devices icon on the lower right-hand corner.
- On the Devices page, tap the Plus (+) in the top right corner of the app, then tap Add Group.
- On the Group Name page, select a name from the provided list or type in an original name to create an Alexa speaker group, then tap Next.
- On the next page, choose the Alexa-enabled speakers (i.e., Echo) you want to place in the speaker group, then tap Save.
- On the next page, go to Preferred Speaker Setup and tap the Plus (+).
- In the preferred speaker setup page, choose the WiiM Mini that you want as your preferred speaker, then tap Save to confirm your selection.
- Your Preferred Speaker is now ready to use. Using Alexa's voice commands, just say "Alexa, play music" (or also specify artist, song, station, streaming service) and music will start playing from your WiiM Mini. There is no need to specify the speaker or room name.
Here goes the video tutorial to set WiiM Mini as the Alexa preferred speaker.